Work on the current "To Do" list includes:
- Transcribe currently available material.
- Quality control - review trancriptions for errors, check transcriptions against microfilm.
- Locate other sources of microfilm copies in other libraries.
- Locate any paper copies, even if they replicate what has been transcribed. In particular, the years not covered by the microfilm edition - pre-October 1803, the 1806 DERG, 1809, 1814, plus early editions of the Guiana Chronicle and Berbice papers.
- Someone in Boston to return to the MHS and fill in any gaps, especially those where the text
was in the gutter and not captured on a digital camera, in the The Essequebo en Demerarische Courant
transcriptions of the bound issues of the newspaper
If you are able to assist with any of these activities then please contact us.