This site contains transcripts and images of early 19th century newspapers from the colonies that made up present day Guyana. Newspapers from this era form a valuable source of information as many primary sources have been lost.
This material has been transcribed by John Wilmer from microfilm.
- Background - background information on Guyanese colonial newspapers.
- Description - details of the approach taken in transcription.
- Transcripts - the newspaper transcriptions.
- Indexes - people and plantations referred to in the transcriptions.
- Search - search this site using MSN or Google.
- Assist - help with locating and transcribing Guyanese colonial newspapers.
- Discuss - discuss the contents with others interested in history from this era.
- Images - a small selection of scanned images of the material being transcribed.
- What's New - details of new and updated transcripts and indexes.