Demerary and Essequebo Royal Gazette 1815 April 18
Tuesday, April 18, 1815.
Court of Justice.
For Sale - The Half
of Lot, No. 17, with the Buildings thereon, at present occupied by the
Subscriber, adjoining the Premises of Thomas Finlayson, Esqr.; consisting of a
House, two stories high, 30 feet by 22, the lower part of which is fitted up as
a store, with counter, shelves, counting room, &c. On the second story, is
a good hall, chamber, and pantry, with two good chambers on the third floor; a
good kitchen with brick fire-place, oven, &c. The whole capable of great
improvement, as a Stelling might be run out at a small expence, and would
answer extremely well for the American, or any other business. For further
particulars, enquire on the Premises of
For New York.
For Sale - The
Sugar-Plantation 'L Huis-te-Dieren; situate on the West Bank of Essequebo
River, - containing upwards of Seven Hundred Acres of Land, with Two Hundred
Prime Negroes. There are at present, about One Hundred and Forty Acres in
Canes and Forty Acres in Plantains. The Buildings consist of a Wind Mill,
Cattle Mill, Boiling House with two sets of coppers, Curing House, Distillery,
&c. all substantially built, in good order, and capable of taking off a
The arrivals since our last have been - the brig of war Fairy, and the brig Hibernia, from Surinam. Also the Ship Charlotte, from Barbados. - There dose not appear to be any news from either quarter.
Obituary. - James Samms, Esqr. at Plantation Felicity; Mrs. Dobbrouski, at her residence in George-Town; and the Hon. F. C. Loncke, at Plantation Ruimveld.